Intro to Coding (part 1)
When is the next session?
Dates for our next set of sessions are TBD, so please follow us on Twitter or join our public RAD Community Group.
What does this cost?
It's free! Yes, it really is free. You just need to agree to some basic commitments (see below).
Where is this training held?
At a computer near you! Each session we hold multiple small (8-10 learners per group) sessions via web conference.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the structure of Apex triggers.
- Read existing code of low-medium complexity.
- Write SOQL and DML statements.
- Summarize why it’s important to bulkify Apex code and how to do it.
- Use resources to aid in Force.com development (e.g., documentation, blogs, tools, etc).
Who should take this course?
Are you woman who has at least two year's experience as a Salesforce admin? Do you want to add coding to your toolkit? Then this is the course for you.
What's all this about learner commitments?
While RAD Women courses don't cost money, they do require a significant commitment from learners.
Being a part of this group requires a commitment on your part. Here is what you are agreeing to by joining this study group:
- Commit to 5-7 hours per week to the group (one weekly small group meeting and time for independent study, reading, and coding).
- Complete weekly surveys to help us improve the group process.
- Attend and actively participate in every small group meeting.
- Collaborate with each other and help and support different learning styles.
- Be prepared to lead discussion within the small group.
Who teaches this course?
As part of the program you'll be assigned to small groups, each with two designated developer coaches from our fantastic worldwide Salesforce Developer community. These amazing volunteers will provide the following:
- Coordination and set up of all meetings for the group
- Instruction and coaching
- Homework assignments to help integrate learning, including a real-world assignment to gain confidence with scoping and developing on Force.com
- Ongoing support via Chatter and email to help with any obstacles to learning
What should you do to prepare?
Before the start of the course, we ask you to completed the following Trailhead modules.
Intro to Coding (part 2)
This course is currently under development, but will build on the concepts started in part one of Intro to Coding and is intended to give more practice to our learners.
We are tentatively slated to pilot this session in late June of 2018, and it will be open to prior RAD Grads.